Have it ready for any special occasion by starting a day or two early and storing it in the freezer to set. On the day, be sure to leave it out to defrost for an hour before serving – adding fruit only when you’re ready to eat.
In just four easy steps, this delicious dessert is a great alternative for anyone looking for a healthier treat to indulge in over the holiday season. Flavoured with vanilla white chocolate collagen, it’s also keto-friendly and low carb.
Collagen is a great all-rounder when it comes to healthy bones, strong nails and plump skin. This protein-packed powerhouse supports:
– Movement and mobility
– Blood circulation
– Holding structures in place
– Wound healing and,
– Skin health.
But when collagen production declines or isn’t produced properly, our whole body can be impacted. Understanding how we can best support our collagen production is essential for our long-term health and wellbeing.
As an excellent addition to almost any recipe, Coconut Oil is a fantastic source of healthy fats, and pairs well in smoothies or baking. Being highly nutritious, Coconut Oil is perfect for slathering over toast as a dairy-free butter alternative, and even in stir-fries. It’s even renowned for its benefits in the beauty industry – coconut oil hair or skin mask anyone?
Coconut Oil is extracted by pressing fresh or dry coconut meat. All our Coconut Oil is cold pressed – meaning temperatures are kept below 49°C when pressed.
To nourish your body inside and out, here are our favourite ways to use Coconut Oil:
– Oil pulling or as a mouth rinse for a fresh mouth
– Overnight hair mask for healthy, shiny hair
– Add a dollop to your morning brew for a slow energy release
– In your favourite snacks, dessert, smoothies or as a healthy cooking oil
– ½ cup desiccated coconut
– 1 cup activated nut mix
– 3 medjool dates, pitted
– 1/3 cup Coconut Oil, melted
– 2 ½ cups Whole Raw Cashews
– ¼ cup coconut cream
– 2 Tablespoons Rice Syrup (or your sweetener of choice)
– 6 Tablespoons Locako Vanilla White Chocolate Collagen
– 200g Organic Cacao Butter, melted
Top with your choice of:
– White chocolate
– Fresh rosemary or mint leaves
– Or any other seasonal fruit and herbs
1. To make the filling, cover the cashew nuts with boiling water and set aside to let soften.
2. Meanwhile to make the base, add the nuts, desiccated coconut, dates and coconut oil to a food processor and blend until well mixed. Press into a lined cake tin and place in the freezer to set.
3. To prepare the filling, melt cacao butter and let cool slightly. Drain cashew nuts and rinse thoroughly. Add to a high-speed blender with the remaining filling ingredients. Blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached. Pour over the chilled base and place into the refrigerator until set.
4. Once ready to serve, arrange an assortment of fresh fruits and berries on top of the cake. Finish with white chocolate shavings and fresh herbs such as rosemary or mint.
Serves: 12 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Set time: 1-2 hours (inactive)
Nutritional Information Per Serving*
Total Fat: 25g
Total Carbohydrate: 25g
Net Carbohydrate: 17g
About Lena Fischer, Qualified Nutritionist:
Lena is a qualified Holistic Nutritionist with a Diploma in Nutrition from Wellpark College of Natural Therapies. Lena is passionate about combining her knowledge of nutrition and love of food to create delicious healthy recipes using whole food ingredients.