When acne flare-ups, breakouts, and pesky pimples occur, it is essential to have an effective spot treatment to combat blemishes and promote clearer skin. If you have ever had a breakout show up during a time you REALLY did not need it, you have likely gone searching for solutions to help with clearing up breakouts fast.
This is where top products like our drying lotion come into play. Our award-winning and best-selling spot treatment is highly commended in the beauty space for being of the best-of-the-best and iconic spot treatments for breakouts and acne. It does not just stop at our drying lotion either – our drying lotion is perfectly paired with our drying patches – our daytime solution for breakouts and pimples.
The Anti Blemish Drying Duo Day and Night Solution
Our anti-blemish drying duo is a must for anyone who is prone to breakouts and pimples. As a two-step system designed to address acne blemishes and reduce the appearance of redness and irritation. The duo includes our Drying Patches (perfect for daytime use) and the Overnight Drying Lotion, both are formulated with a blend of powerful ingredients to help alleviate breakouts and pimples on blemish-prone skin.
Daytime Blemish Solution: Drying Patches
Our pimple patches “Drying Patch” are an effective solution for helping to reduce the size of pimples and blemishes during the day-time. Like little stickers – simply place these patches over any breakouts or blemishes to help alleviate them. The thin and transparent design of the pimple patches ensures discreet usage, making it suitable for usage during the day.
How do Pimple Patches Work?
These innovative patches work by creating a protective barrier over the affected area, allowing the potent ingredients to penetrate the skin and address the blemish at its core. The patches are crafted to absorb oil, reduce inflammation, and promote healing. Each patch is infused with a blend of non-drying and exfoliating ingredients including salicylic acid, tea tree extract, antimicrobial agent Phytosphingosine and hydrating ingredients of Niacinamide, and Hyaluronic Acid which work together to absorb excess oil, reduce inflammation, and promote healing.
How to Use Pimple Patches
1. Start with clean, dry skin: Before applying the Drying Patch, make sure your skin is clean and dry. Gently cleanse your face with a mild cleanser and pat it dry with a clean towel.
2. Peel off the patch: Carefully peel the Drying Patch from the protective sheet. Be gentle to avoid tearing or damaging the patch.
3. Apply the patch to the blemish: Place the sticky side of the patch directly onto the blemish, ensuring it adheres well to the skin. Press down gently to secure it in place.
4. Let it work: The Drying Patch is designed to be left on during the day (or overnight) to work effectively. Avoid touching or picking at the patch during this time and do not apply makeup or any other topical product over the patch.
Nighttime Blemish Solution: Drying Lotion
Drying Lotion is a highly effective spot treatment designed to tackle stubborn blemishes on the surface of the skin. This potent formula features a unique solution to effectively target and dry out acne breakouts.
How Does Drying Lotion work?
The product contains a unique blend of ingredients, including salicylic acid, sulfur, and calamine, which work together to address breakouts. When applied to a blemish, the Drying Lotion helps to dry out the affected area, reduce redness, and promote faster healing. The salicylic acid helps unclog pores and exfoliate the skin, while sulfur has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that aid in reducing the size and redness of the blemish. The calamine helps soothe and calm irritated skin. The formula itself features a sediment – the pink solution in the bottle. The formula of this is almost like a clay mask – that when applied is thick, pink, and covers bumps and pimples on your skin.
How to Use Drying Lotion
Drying Lotion is best used in the evening as it helps to dry up surface blemishes overnight. allowing it to work overnight. It is important not to use drying lotion on broken skin, and to use a fresh cotton tip each time you dip into the drying lotion solution. Most importantly, do not shake or mix the solution (and if you do – allow the bottle to sit on a flat surface for a few hours so it resets into its natural form). Learn more about why you should not shake your drying lotion.
1. Cleanse your face: Before applying the Overnight Drying Lotion, cleanse your face thoroughly to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup residue.
2. Do not Shake the bottle: it is essential to refrain from shaking the bottle of Drying Lotion as this can cause the mixture to mix and as such it may not perform as tested.
3. Spot treat the affected areas: Dip a cotton swab into the pink sediment at the bottom of the bottle and apply it directly to individual blemishes or acne flare-ups.
4. Avoid spreading: Be careful not to rub or blend the lotion; instead, let it sit on the blemish overnight.
5. Leave it on overnight: Allow the lotion to dry and leave it on your skin while you sleep – avoid applying any other skincare products on top.
6. Rinse off in the morning: When you wake up, cleanse your face as usual to remove the remaining product. Follow with your regular skincare routine.
Skincare Tips to Avoid Breakouts and Pimples
Tip 1: Keep your hands off your face:
Touching your face with unwashed hands can transfer dirt, oil, and bacteria, exacerbating acne flare-ups. Be mindful of keeping your hands away from your face.
Tip 2: Replace your face covering regularly:
If you are using a personal protective face mask, make sure to regularly cleanse or replace it – reusing a face mask on the regular can cause “mask-ne.”
Tip 3: Maintain a healthy lifestyle:
Eating a balanced diet, staying hydrated, and getting regular exercise can contribute to overall skin health. Avoid excessive consumption of greasy or sugary foods, as they may contribute to acne.
Tip 4: Avoid picking or squeezing pimples:
It can be tempting to pop a pimple, but doing so can introduce more bacteria and lead to further inflammation and scarring. Try to resist the urge to pick or squeeze your acne.